So, I get the pop this blog's cherry, woohoo!
Lacking inspiration I'm going to work against some of your questions, we'll see where they take me...
I very rarely read magazines, I'm more of a books and newspapers type. I tend to have four or five books on the go at any one time, one on the toilet, a couple by my bed, one I'm trying to get through for work and one that I'm saving for my next holiday.
While I don't buy papers or pick up the freebies I always love a browse through whatever's available in the cafe or on the coffee table at an office or friend's house. I mainly go through it in this order: sport; 'human interest'; international news; business; gossip.
I read a lot on line. I use Google Reader to monitor websites and blogs that I'm interested in and these range across many subjects, work and personal. I find it hard to find the time to do all this but there is just so much interesting stuff out there that I have to try.
What determines what I'm reading is very much location and whether there's access to the internet. Getting an iphone type device that's good for reading on could be dangerous for me...
I prefer paperback books for their portability. I like online because it tends to come in more bite-sized chunks.
My choices are based on recommendations from friends but also works referenced by other people, the latter being rife with online reading and linking through to influences. I have lots of books at home that I'm waiting to read and I should stop buying new ones until I've cleared some of the backlog but I do like buying books when I see them.
If I think something is amazing I'll talk about it relentlessly for a couple of weeks after reading it with the frequency dropping off dramatically after that. I'm really bad at remembering what was in what book or article beyond that point so I start to get vague which doesn't help me or the people I'm talking to. Currently I'm getting lots of laughs from a book called 'Welcome to advertising...Now get lost'.
I like reading because I learn from it. It inspires me, gives me ideas and makes me angry, depending on what it is I'm reading. I find it relaxing, so much so that I find it almost impossible to read in the evening as it puts me to sleep...
I also write, here's my blog.
Thursday, 23 July 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment