Wednesday, 29 July 2009

what I'm reading

I just finished reading "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao" and can't recommend it enough. It's going to be one of those books I buy for all my reader friends.
I picked it up at my local bookshop because I liked the cover, didn't know anything about it but I realised it was on display because it had won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction. So it was a bit of a gamble but I absolutely loved it.
I finished it last night, and started "Lullaby" by Chuck Palahniuk on the bus this morning - very different and recommended by a couple of friends as their favourite Palahniuk. It's quite small so I might be able to finish it by Friday so I can go on hols with another book. I've picked 3 candidates to choose from at the last minute but I also just ordered "A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again" by David Foster Wallace (couldn't find it in bookshops). If I get it in time, I'll probably end up with 2 books for the trip. Unless I take "Infinite Jest" which is enormous and quiet daunting, but meant to be absolutely brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment