Thursday, 23 July 2009

I'm yet to discover my favourite genre so I try and read really different styles of writing as much as I can.
I recently read The Accidental by Ali Smith and Spohie's world by Jostein Gaarder. I still can't work out if I enjoyed either of these books but I guess the main thing about having read them is that I'm still thinking about them. To me, the sign of any good book is that it makes you think. Whether that's positive or negative, at least the book has had an effect on me.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. surely that's your genre then? Books that make you think and leave a lasting thought porvoking questions.

    Surely genres dont have to be action, crime, etc? In my opinion they can books that make you feel a certain way, think about a certai thing.

    Personally i like books written in the first person, not the onipitent author syle.
    is that a genre?

    Interesting question.

    ReplyDelete